Friday, April 19, 2013

15 years ago

April 18th

15 years ago and since then:

I brought you home and spent the whole first day holding you and simply staring at you, while you stared back.

I had you after thinking I was done having children. Your brother and sister being 11 and 12 years old!

The second day you were home,  2 days after you were born, we took you to your brothers opening day of Little League baseball.

You were always so happy, never crying and brought so much joy to our household.

Since then you still have always brought laughter and joy to the household and have grown into an amazing young Man, always choosing to learn things in your own time, on your own terms. You would not let us help with learning to ride a bike, reading, bowling or anything really. You always wanted to do it all by yourself, and you did and still do. Your time, Your terms, Your own determination........it has been an amazing journey.

You have deepened my own interests by the things you are passionate about and taught me so much about patience and a laid back attitude taking everything in the gentle strides that you do.

Our journey together has been amazing and miraculous, that I would not trade for the world.

You are Unique, Amazing and a wonderful son that has made my world a better place just by being YOU.

Happy Birthday Baby Boy!

 ( He would not give permission for a Birthday photo, so all I had recent was this photo when he was out flying kites with his nephew!)

No comments:

Post a Comment