Sunday, January 29, 2012

Corn Chips


These make a wonderful thin and crisp snack chip, not a dipping chip.


Corn Chips

1/2 cup corn meal
1/2 tsp. garlic salt
1/2 tsp. red pepper flakes
1 tsp. cajun seasoning
3/4 cup boiling water
1 cup boiling water
1 tsp. butter


Preheat oven to 400 degrees.

Combine cornmeal and spices in a bowl and add 1 cup boiling water and stir well. Add butter and stir until melted.

Add remaining 3/4 cup boiling water while stirring constantly.

Drop mixture by teaspoons onto greased cookie sheet.

Bake 8-10 minutes until lightly golden brown.

(Watch VERY closely the last little bit as they can burn extremely fast! )

YUM

4 comments:

  1. I'm always wondering what to do with the cornmeal I have in the cupboard. Now I know. Thanks:) I'll make these as part if dinner tonight.

    ReplyDelete
  2. how spicy are they as I don't like anything too hot?

    Gill in Canada

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are not so much spicy as they are simply flavored Gill but you can also make them just plain corn chips by not adding any seasoning to them for good results too. My family likes things flavored it all :)

      Delete