Friday, January 13, 2012

Day 4: Purging

WOW, how does one accumulate so much in just a years time? AMAZING! I am starting to realize my purging, cleaning and organizing may not be near the simple task I originally thought it to be!

Now I did have normal cleaning to do today so perhaps that is why it seemed to go slower than wanted. BUT I did manage to tag 2 boxes worth of stuff with price tags on them and store them for a summer garage sale! Corin even started pitching in and bringing me things she no longer wanted ( with the stipulation of course that with it being her stuff, she gets the money at the sale for any items of hers that sell!)

I got one whole cupboard in the kitchen cleaned out and re-purposed now storing extra paper towels and dog food, where it was just a pile of plastic walmart shopping bags which are now reduced to two brown bags full and under the kitchen sink!

I threw out a bunch of useless stuff today as well, and had Shae go through all his Xbox games weeding out ones he no longer plays to go in the garage sale boxes.

We moved the hamster and all his related things to the top shelf of the bookshelf in the living room and cleared off the rest of the stuff and now have a clear computer desk...............again that Corin seems to be claiming. She of course set out right away, cutting, slicing and dicing making a big mess on it while I was busting butt cleaning and going through things! Sigh, my little sweet tornado she is! Anyway she is delighted with a clean surface to do with as she pleases, she has moved her puzzles to the desk as she realized she would be able to work on the puzzles on that table without it getting disturbed.

I have a long ways to go, but it felt great to get a good start on it today and have both children pitching in with little tasks that were of big help in the long run.

I am hoping to get the rest of the kitchen and living room areas done tomorrow and then get on to the scarier bedrooms!

I am also hoping that while doing all this purging I will be able to find some interesting things to display and do with the kids!

No comments:

Post a Comment