Monday, February 6, 2012

I Made Yogurt!


Sometimes you buy things without thinking of how simple it may be to make! Thanks to the Simple Dollar

I found out making a Crockpot Yogurt could not be any easier! You do have to buy a live plain yogurt to start as you need a starter but after that you can reserve a 1/2 cup of your homemade yogurt as the starter!

It is also not as thick as store bought but you can make it thicker if you like with gelatin, we found the yogurt great for smoothies however with it not being as thick, meant no milk or juice was needed for the smoothie making.

It tastes just as good too so if you would like to try a Crockpot Yogurt, visit the Simple Dollar to find out how!

The kids got a big kick out of this! Our dog Sophie also loved it with some mashed up strawberries added to it for her lunch!

4 comments:

  1. I love making yogurt, too, and like you, I've made it just once. But you're right, it's really easy.

    For me, the best side-effect is that it preserves my milk for so much longer. I can't tell you how often I've tossed a bunch of milk that's gone too sour to drink. But this yogurt lasts a month.

    Good for you for mastering a new skill!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I will have to give this a try!! Thanks for sharing

    ReplyDelete
  3. you can also drain the yogurt in a colander lined with a tea towel and get greek yogurt.

    I have been making crockpot yogurt for 3 years now. So much cheaper.

    BTW, I have been reading all your posts. Inspiring. Keep up the good work

    Kris

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the tip and the kind comment Kris, glad you like the blog! My daughter loves Greek yogurt, cant wait to try your tip!

      Delete