Thursday, March 22, 2012

Natural Dog Food #2



Dog Food Homemade


2 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
1 apple core cut out and cut into small 1/2 inch pieces
2 stalks celery sliced
3 carrots sliced
1 cup brown rice
water


Put chicken breasts in 2 quart pan with sliced carrots, celery and apple pieces. Fill pan with water leaving about 1 inch at the top, bring to boil turn heat down to medium. Cover and cook for about 45 minutes. Remove chicken, add brown rice. Cut chicken into 1 inch pieces and return to pan. Bring back to boil and then turn heat back to medium and cover. Cook about 20 minutes, take off heat and let sit about 10 minutes. Rice should soak up all the water.

5 comments:

  1. Um, this food concoction is better than what I eat! I feed my dog Purina Beyond, lamb & rice. Cost me $22 a month. I trust science to properly feed my dog. My previous dog lived 17 years.

    If this is what you feed your dog, as on your post, when can I come over, roll over, beg, sit and stay???? :)

    Cindy
    http://cindyonrhinebeck.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL yes this is what my dog gets for lunch or dinner, she attacks this with a vengance and our vet said she is remarkably doing better than she was on dog food. I got her off of dog food because dog food is not always the best for our pets. Many times they use the meats not fit for human consumption it it instead of lean cuts and the dyes or carmel coloring they put in it is not the best.

      You can come over for it anytime although no begging, sitting or staying required LOL

      Delete
  2. Some pet owners don't realize the importance of giving their cats and dogs the right food they need in order to maintain good health and a shiny coat. Royal Canin dog food reviews

    ReplyDelete
  3. I recently found many useful information in your website especially this blog page. Among the lots of comments on your articles. Thanks for sharing. https://rcl.ink/NsZ

    ReplyDelete
  4. I liked your article and I hope you will have many entries or more https://rcl.ink/NsZ

    ReplyDelete