Friday, April 27, 2012

Not Happening.........

Well, we never heard anything back from the interview so it was not meant to be I suppose! Back to the drawing board of having simply a "job" at crap pay BUT being thankful hubby has a job!

So back I go to the drawing board, thinking, prepping, striving for something, anything that will help save us money, build wealth, build food storage, increase income and in general improve our little lot in life.

My goals for increasing income is going much slower than I had hoped, it is a real struggle for me and I take full responsibility for it not going as planned. Much of this is due to my seemingly total inability to manipulate time the way I would like to. Too much to do with no set schedule or routine that leaves everything spinning off track, unbalanced. Something I really really need to work on....BALANCE.

In stead I take each day as it comes and wander around as my moods direct me too, which tends to slow me down in most areas of my goals.

So I have some new ideas to work out over the weekend to reduce spending and make a new budget balance  and get us on firmer ground. I also am hopeful May will bring warmer weather to start our Yard Sale business and a better Scrap Metal month! 

It is no big deal he will not be getting the new job really, we have been doing pretty darn good so far with the little we have. It just would of been nice! So back to life as usual.....


Keep on Truck in On!

6 comments:

  1. Sorry to hear about the job, something will come up when the time is right. I feel you pain in the life balance, it seems to get away from me pretty fast as well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Debby, We always look at it as everything happens for a reason and it is not an emergency at this point so it's allgood!

      Delete
  2. Thank you for stopping by Modern Day Redneck. I look forward to chatting with you more.
    I hit the follow button on your blog and am excited to read more about your goals and how you get there. Even though you may have had some setbacks here and there you have already made it over the biggest one by getting out of bed and setting goals to better your family. Without goal there is no direction. You are headed in the right direction with what you are doing.
    If you need anything my email is on the right hand side of my blog.
    Thanks again.
    MDR

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. awwwwwwwww You sure are too sweet for a Redneck! Like honey from the hive! Glad to have you as a new follower, I look forward to chatting with you more too! From one redneck to another ( ! Althugh I don't really think I am, just accussed of it time to time :)

      Delete
  3. Oh, i'm so sorry about the job. :( I hope something comes up for you guys! Yard sales are great! Do you have anything you can do on the "side" to help with your income? I watch a little boy after school, sew, photography, etc... hoping things start looking up for you!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sorry to hear about the job. I tend to look at the positive side of things and feel that there is a reason you didn't get it, and that reason is because there is something better coming your way. Just stay focused and good things will happen!

    ReplyDelete