Sunday, October 14, 2012

Sunday Prayer Vigil

The mother of my grandchildren contacted me this morning. My grandchildren are 6 and 5 and she has another child of 2 years old with her husband that she married after things did not work out with my son.

Adam, her husband comes from England, they met online at around 10 years old and talked frequently for the next 10 years. After  things did not work out with me son, they started dating and Adam would make several flights from England in order to see her.

Marraige was delayed due to after 911 making citizenship a difficult task. While they waited to get married they had a child between them and finally after much red tape and delays were able to get married last year.


They are both young 20's and she contacted me this  morning as Adam is on life support after a blood clot and heart attack they said are one of those freak things that is not suppose to happen in young people. She says he is around 98% gone mentally so is not sounding good for a recovery.


Please keep her and her family in your prayers.........


And for those afraid to follow your dreams............please put your fears aside and do them......this is a horrible reminder that NOBODY knows when there time is up so make sure you are making each and every day count. It matters.

11 comments:

  1. They are in my prayers. And your right life is to short to sweat the small stuff sometimes we just need to be reminded

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh dear! Definitely am praying.. :o(

    ReplyDelete
  3. that is just awful. Praying for you and your family,

    Gill

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a sad thing for a young family to have to deal with. Prayers that God will give them strenght. How wonderful you still have a good relationship with your daughter in law

    ReplyDelete
  5. How awful. Difficult decisions lie ahead for your ex-Daughter in law. The only positive to come out of this tragic event is The Gift of Life through Organ Donation. I hope she is able to consider it. (My brother is a kidney pancreas recipient. We do not take this Gift lightly. We thank Ben's parents every day for their difficult choice and plant a tree and say a mass every year in his
    Sheila

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have just recently subscribed to your post, and was so sad to read this today.

    How beautiful that your ex-DIL still felt comfortable calling to share this news with you.

    I cannot express my sorry at what has happened with her husband, as she will need to make some difficult decisions in the days ahead. I'm praying God's grace will be over the situation, and He can give all those affected strength and peace about it.

    You're so right...my beloved father passed away suddenly in February of this year. It has made me reevaluate EVERYTHING as I look to how life is so quickly frittered away on unimportant things.

    I will go hug my children a little tighter. Blessings to you, new friend.

    -Lori

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thankyou everyone for your prayers, comments and thoughts, my ex DIL is a very sweet woman and wonderful mom I have known since she was 16 and we do retain a good relationship. This is going to be very difficult for her and we hope her husband recovers.Time will tell...

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am so sorry, what a blow, but they were together and they fought hard for that. Prayers your way.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I am so sorry to hear this. They are in my thoughts.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I am so sorry for your family. This must be so difficult.

    ReplyDelete