Monday, December 31, 2012

When Illness Strikes

While the end of the year brought holidays, winter and time with family, it also brought physicals, mammograms and ultra sounds. While we have suspected breast cancer for awhile, and kept quiet about it with the exception of a few close loved ones, it is now becoming a reality here.

I have a biopsy scheduled for the 3rd of January and will be called back to go in a week after that to get the final results.

This certainly explains why this blog and our daily life seems to have lacked energy and activity :) and December was a pretty bad month for me in general health wise. It is not looking good and very likely is in a late stage.

If anyone is interested, I will be blogging about my fight and my plans to increase my odds of survival over at my whole-istic living blog at http://awhole-isticlife.blogspot.com/


For our homeschooling, this leaves me at the end of the year wondering about 2013, I will need to set up a plan of action to increase the kids learning activities and independent learning. It will need to be set up with my days of lack of energy, and side effects of treatment with days I am sure of being really sick.

While it is hard to make concrete plans without final test results in to know exactly what we are dealing with, I can still come up with an outline for a plan of action and get something set up.

In any case, a New Year is always a good time to review and plan so look for our 2013 goals and plans of action to come soon!

Have a wonderful New Year everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment