Thursday, January 17, 2013

Since the Biopsy

Since the Biopsy-

The results came back positive for cancer

I got a call from the health department nurse who then had me call the lady who processes the Medicaid for the Breast Cancer and Cervical Cancer Control Program.

I received the paper work, signed it and sent it back Tuesday.

Now have to wait for it to be processed in order to get a doctor and start treatment.

I went around 10 days of horrid horrid pain in my right side right below my rib cage and in my back ( kidney issues? not sure as I am not a doctor nor know anatomy very well) all I know is that it hurt so bad it kept me on the couch all that time and without a doctor I am just trying to wait it all out. I also can feel a few small lumps down in that area.This has caused issues in eating and many things no longer even taste or smell good to me. The last 3 days I have felt much better but can not stand too long or my spine starts hurting really bad.

I have lost around 10 lbs putting me at 127 causing me some concern as I know if I start chemo, I most likely will lose weight.

I am taking Vitamin C, Vitamin D3, and Selenium for supplements each day.

I start my day with a glass of pomegranate juice and then a bowl of multi-grain Special K with some kind of fruit on it such as bananas, blackberries or blueberries.

I have 1 glass of fresh ginger and lemon tea a day

I drink around 3 glasses of green tea a day

I have for the most part quit drinking coffee except for a glass in the evenings for the weekends.

I have not been able to fit exercising into my regime due to the pain.

I get short of breath very easy, something as simple as getting out of the bath tub and dressed leaves me out of breath and exhausted.

Being on the couch has had it giving me very little computer time as sitting in front of the computer was painful so have not kept up with blog posts although looks like my co-author and adult daughter here has been filling it in quite nicely!

That about covers it for now, it is all a big waiting game now and people wondering why I am not on meds and to talk to my doctors without realizing I do not even have a doctor yet because as with any state funded programs, it is all about process and I just have to play the waiting game. I have no idea how long it will take for the Medicaid to go through, but hopefully soon!

 

6 comments:

  1. I hope you get in asap to start your treatment and hopefully get some medicine to help with the pain! Best wishes your way!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know I'm just a person in a computer across the world, but I'm praying for you. It sounds like you are doing so much just in terms of vitamins and taking care of your body. I believe there is a lot of power in that, and staying strong.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. even support from online people is highly appreciated robin, I have met some wonderful friends over the yars online! Thankyou for your comment and yes I also believe there is a lot of power in our nutrition and positive thinking.

      Delete
  3. I am keeping you in my prayers.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thankyou Lili, it will all turn out the way it is meant to be :)

      Delete
  4. Please, just go to the nearest emergency room. They can't turn you away. They will give you pain pills and might even admit you. Don't wait for the paperwork. It might take forever. Ann

    ReplyDelete