Sunday, January 20, 2013

Medicaid Approved!

I received the call Friday, that my medicaid for the Breast Cancer and Cervical Cancer Control Program has been approved so now am on the full Medicaid for the duration of my treatments! The nice thing about this program is how amazingly fast it is compared to traditional revenues of applying for state funded programs. Since I had just mailed in my paperwork Tuesday, I never in a million years would have dreamed of it moving so fast and being approved in just 3 days.

Prior to getting the approval, I did set up my first surgery for the Mastectomy for February 11th not knowing how long it would take for the Medicaid to go through. Monday I will be calling to see if I can get it moved up earlier, but we shall see.

It is a good feeling being able to set treatment into motion though and while I have mixed feelings on starting with the Mastectomy, it is a start and will be my first step in fighting this. While I would love to do it completely holistic and alternative therapies, I think at the stage that my cancer is, my best option for survival at this point is the combination of modern treatments with holistic approaches.

Let the games begin, I GOT THIS!


Carrie

5 comments:

  1. Oh, that is fast! What great news. I hope they can move up your surgery. I'm still praying for you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Lili! I decided to keep the surgey date the same day, I guess I have to do lab work first which has to be done in the next sevral days so movng it up did not make sense. Besides I will be home to get taxes done beofore then!

      Delete
  2. What a welcome relief. The mastectomy will slow you down a bit. If Medicare pays for overnights in the hospital. Take it. I needed it to adjust to the next stage of the treatment and get in the right mind frame to return to home and family. (My youngest was 3.) Supportive people there helped to.
    Sheila- Escanaba

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes I will be there overnight and they said possibly 2 nights. :)

      Delete
  3. No updates this week? When the volunteers come around when you are in the hospital, join their survivors group. Research shows that patients who join these groups and talk and get support have better outcomes. Can you send me your address? Want to send you something. anngwilson@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete