Monday, December 19, 2011

A Fun Twist on Fried Eggs




I thought I would deliver breakfast in a fun way for my kids last week ( although my PICKY PICKY daughter still complained! LOL)

Very simple I just buttered both sides of bread and cut out the center with a small  glass. I placed the bread on a hot griddle and cracked an egg into the center of each slice of bread. The circle centers I also grilled up as small pieces of grilled toast to go along with the eggs. After browning on one side, I flipped them and browned the other side!

Guess the kids are not used to me doing things like this because even my son thought I had lost my marbles but I should think MOST children would find this a fun way to be served eggs! But then again after 25 years of motherhood........what do I know?

2 comments:

  1. My oldest daughter LOVES these! We call them "toad in the hole"! ;) lol!

    ReplyDelete