Thursday, November 22, 2012

Happy Thanksgiving

“Thanksgiving comes to us out of the prehistoric dimness, universal to all ages and all faiths. At whatever straws we must grasp, there is always a time for gratitude and new beginnings.”
J. Robert Moskin
Not what we say about our blessings, but how we use them, is the true measure of our thanksgiving. ~W.T. Purkiser

Thanksgiving was never meant to be shut up in a single day. ~Robert Caspar Lintner

Give thanks for unknown blessings already on their way. ~Native American Saying



I hope everyone truly has a wonderful Thanksgiving today. While I try to take time each and everyday to be grateful and give thanks for my blessings, Thanksgiving still seems to make it more focused than ever.

I have very much to be grateful for this year and we have been very blessed indeed.

I give thanks to all the readers and commenter's of this blog that has made it such a joy to write on this blog and build a community. I have had over 60,500 visitors since I started this blog, making it a pleasure to share our journey.

I give thanks to many of my PF bloggers that I have learned so much from and have enjoyed reading their journey's as well. A special shout out to all those in my Blog List links that I read on a regular basis!

I am proud and thankful for my Dad who at 70 years old has worked his butt off on the Veterans K-9 War dog project, the forgotten soldiers that also serve our country. http://www.candgnews.com/news/farmington-hills-man-works-honor-k-9-veterans-war

My mother who shocked us all and is still with us after having Crone's disease since 1969. LOVE YOU MOM!

Of course my kids and Hubby who has been so wonderful this year dealing with my own personal health issues and have done whatever they can on my "bad" days to make my day's a little easier.

My son will be sharing our Thanksgiving with us this year....it has been a long time and will be nice to have him with us today.

The freedom to homeschool and the joys of homeschooling and spending large amounts of time with the most important people in my life each and every day.

For all the blessings on their way, that we have not received yet.

Shelter, warmth, food, clothing..........and enough luxury items to be entertained and have some leisurely fun.

And so, so much more that I am not mentioning and leaving out in order not to have this post go on forever!

May you all have a wonderful day surrounded by those you cherish and love, fill our houses with lots of laughter and enjoy a bountiful harvest today.

No comments:

Post a Comment