Monday, November 19, 2012

Mystery Shopping

I applied about 3 months ago to a couple of companies for Mystery Shopping and was called the other day by one of them. With only 1 car and hubby working some very funky shifts, I need things on my end to be very flexible which Mystery Shopping fits that bill.

Today I have my first assignment and I am kind of excited about it and plan to take hubby with me. Although it really does not pay well, it is a free date day with a few dollars for gas money spent. We will see how it goes but have been told that once I do this first assignment I will then get a rating and have priority over future ones.

I have also read that typically the longer you stay with a company, not only the more assignments you will recieve, but you will get better pay as well. We shall see how it goes!

Today it is for a sandwich shop where we will be reimbursed for the food we order and then a small flat fee will be paid for filling out the form after visiting.  This will also allow us to try places we may not have thought to try before.

With a tight budget that really does not allow for entertainment though, this is a nice way for us to be able to have free or very low cost date days if nothing else so yeah I am good with that! Not always with hubby either but it will allow me to have one on one date days with my kids sometimes too which are times I totally cherish!

With a beautifully mild sunny day in the 50's, a dinner date with my sweet hubby and an evening home with my kids watching Bones, what more could a mama want? A great way to re-charge my batteries before cooking a Thanksgiving feast here in a couple of days!


Have you ever been a Mystery Shopper? What did or do you think of the experience?

2 comments:

  1. I've never done it but I know people who have. They liked being able to go out and say, get dinner and have the costs reimbursed. It was also a nice way to make a little extra cash. I guess you do have to keep track of what you make, though, as the companies don't deduct tax from your checks--you'll have to do that when you file your returns.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Carrie, I've been doing this for a few months now...and the flexibility is what I really like about it. You're definitely not going to be able to pay many bills with it but I like the novelty of visiting different businesses & restaurants you might now otherwise visit. And who doesn't love the idea of being paid to eat out? ....:-)

    And.....another small snippet of how our lives parallel...:-)

    Mary

    ReplyDelete