Thursday, December 20, 2012

A Very Blessed Season

It is turning out to be a very blessed season this year, one in which I am very grateful for.

My hubby has been an absolute sweetheart and going so far out of his way to make things easier on me, that I am actually feeling a bit guilty about! But he has truly been incredible and doing whatever he can to make me comfortable and ease my work load as it has been a very trying and difficult week for me this week, thus the Absense here on the blog.

We had done the tests of the mammogram and ultra sound and now awaiting the results now yet hubby took me out to lunch afterwards. Just him and me :)  have I mentioned he is my best est friend and how much I truly love that man?  Sweetest guy I have ever known!

We were very blessed by having a little money for holiday shopping for the kids and I found great buys on these items.

Someone hubby knows chooses a family every year to gift to that they feel it could really help........they chose our family as he knew about hubby biking faithfully to work every day for 3 months and that he is there every day, never calling in or missing work. This man has NO IDEA how much this will make a difference this year to us. The kids really have not had much of a holiday in a few years, and at this time we really don't even know if I will be around come this time next year although I plan on fighting tooth and nail, we really wanted to make sure the kids have a wonderful holiday with gifts they really wanted.

My husband just got off the phone right now as we speak from his boss who is coming over in a little bit after shopping for the kids! All the managers got together and contributed to this agreeing that my husband does so much for everyone, they wanted to give back and would not take no for an answer!

My mom and sister are coming on the 28th where I will cook a large dinner for them and spend time with them. I don't get to see them but a couple times a year but it never seems enough! They both are incredible ladies that I love so much and my sister is always working around the clock, helping others never taking time or doing anything for herself. Me cooking a nice dinner for her is a treat where she can relax and visit!

I have been getting so much support in my comments here and in my email, that it is overwhelmingly a blessing and means so much to me.

A Canadian friends thoughtfulness of sending me Daily Christmas cards that are beautiful and animated has no idea how much they lift my spirits and fills me with spirit at the same time. She has been doing this since December 1 all the way to the 25th.


So to my family in the real world, and to all the people I have developed a connection with online that I truly consider friends, and to those new coming here and leaving uplifting, thoughtful comments, I am very grateful.

While this holiday is nothing extravagant, it truly is one that will be remembered and it is all the building memories that count at the end of the day.

I also found an affirmation that I love and am saying throughout the day!

"Today every part of me feels better in every way!"

Isn't that a terrific affirmation?

Blessings to each and every one, and wishing everyone is having as blessed December as I am.


 

12 comments:

  1. I'm so glad to hear the blessings you and your family are receiving this season. If I had anything to give, your family would be one I would want to help.

    I hope and pray you are alive and well this time next year. For your family and friends. And your blog readers because I find your story interesting and inspiring.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Rachel, your message is very touching and I am happy you find our journey inspiring.

      Delete
  2. Hope your tests come back with good results. Glad you are receiving such wonderful blessings.

    Julie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thankyou Julie, I hope blessing are finding their way to you as well.

      Delete
  3. Once all the test results come back and you know what you are fighting, you can make a plan with your Doctor. It will give you great peace of mind to have a plan. It did for me (10 year breast cancer survivor), my mother in law (8 year breast cancer survivor), my mom (7 year breast cancer survivor) and my Dad (5 year prostate cancer survivor). If you are a spiritual person get on every prayer list your family and friends have.
    Merry Christmas. You have special people looking out for you. It sure makes you feel loved. Doesn't it?
    Sheila - Escanaba MI

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes it is very comforting to me Sheila to have so many supporting comments and special people looking out for me.

      Your comment is wonderful and encouraging :) hugs to you and yours!

      Delete
  4. I enjoy your blog, which I discovered through a link from another blog I follow. I admire your resilience and resolve, and your willingness to share your story so honestly. Blessings to you and your family this Christmas, as well as prayers for health and healing. All shall be well and all shall be well and all manner of things shall be well.

    Anne in MO

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thankyou Anne, blessings to you and yours as well. Thankyou for your prayers, it means a lot to me.

      Delete
  5. I would like to wish you and your family, a very happy holiday, with good health and much happiness for 2013.

    ReplyDelete
  6. May your blessing be overwhelming in number, this Christmas. Merry Christmas, Carrie!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Praying you are having a blessed Christmas season! I enjoy reading your blog and pray for good health for you. Annie in PA

    ReplyDelete