Monday, December 24, 2012

Switched to Stevia

When I first tried Stevia in my coffee, I won't lie, I thought it was AWFUL! I then tried it in corn meal muffins with the same results. I put it aside and left it alone for a little while, perhaps as long as a month.

Then it struck me it is sweeter than white sugar, and when used as the same amount you would use sugar as, it also had a somewhat nasty after taste.

In coffee, which is where I consume the most sugar having 3 cups of coffee in the morning, then one or two in the evening, I really wanted to find an alternative that was not blocking my immune system for up to 4 hours per teaspoon!

So I tried again.

I normally use 1 teaspoon of sugar in my coffee. I found to replace it with Stevia, I only use a 1/4 of a teaspoon of Stevia and it worked! Not only am I now off the sugar and onto stevia but so is my hubby! Even my daughter uses it now from time to time!

Now, as an experiment, I  tried to use a teaspoon of sugar in my coffee after hubby mentioned it was awful, I found he was right! After getting use to the Stevia, it is now the white sugar that tastes just awful in the coffee!

Going healthier, one baby step at a time!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment