Saturday, March 2, 2013

Got Our Washer and Dryer!

While I was not up to going to shop for our washer and dryer at our local Sears, this task fell on hubby. He actually did really good and did not let the sales people talk him into the more fancy expensive models that they were pushing hard on him.  He took into consideration our family size and what all we have to wash in a week and got a mid priced ranged basic washer and dryer with a 3 year warranty.

It took a week to deliver them and poor hubby worried the whole week if I would like them or not and I was just like " Dude I will love them, they are better than the nothing we have now. They are better than hauling clothes to the Laundry Matt when I am not up to it and they are better than letting dirty clothes pile up! So yeah, no matter what you got, I will love them!"

Wednesday they delivered them and yeah, they are lovely, they have come a long ways in washer and dryers! They are quiet, digitally censored and the lid on the washer locks when the washer starts up. For now this is a convenience that will make a world of difference in our lives and the kids will be learning how to do their own laundry as well.

The end result was $1400 which included the 3 year warranty and while not perhaps a frugal purchase, one we saw as well worth it in the end. Not something I would have considered a few years ago, but when health starts to flounder, a good choice to opt for the easier way of doing things.The best part is on my good days, I can do laundry and on my not so good days, it will now be easy for someone else in the household to still get it done.

Happy Happy Dance!

6 comments:

  1. Good for you (and your family)! Factor in what it costs to use the laundromat (gas to get there, charges for the washer and dryer) every week. Multiply that times 52 weeks and that was your laundromat charge. Divide the $1400 by this laundromat charge and you will see how long it will take for this washer/dryer to pay for itself. Assume $20/week x 52 weeks = $1040/YEAR or $86.83/month. $1400 /86.83 = 16 months to break even. WELL worth it, especially for the ease this will bring into your family's lives. Enjoy it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's wonderful, Carrie! Something to make daily tasks a little bit easier. And like you said, now your kids can learn to take care of their own laundry. I hope you celebrated that first washload!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Lili! I will celebrate every load for awhile I think LOL. It will be nice the kids can do their own too!

      Delete
  3. So very happy for you, Carrie!! I can just imagine that with all you're going through right now, this is one victory for you and your family and something you all can smile about!!

    Prayers and healing thoughts are coming your way!! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Carrie, I'm so glad that you have your washer & dryer now. It will be so much easier to be able to do your laundry at home (when you feel like it and at your pace OR for other family members to do it). I'm so glad. I check your blogs every day for new posts, and I've been sending positive thoughts & prayers for you regularly since I've known about your illness. You are a brave woman, and you have a lot of blog-readers pulling for you. Hoping only good things come your way, Faith Dossett in Marshall, TX

    ReplyDelete